Sunday, October 24, 2010

RENEW life in Brooklyn: over on a bike.

I removed by cops yesterday. While surfing on my bike. To set the scene, is approximately 17 hours and I was riding the wrong way on the busy street, bidirectional that I live. It is a practice I feel bad slightly, but engage in all the time. I wanted to turn left at the end of the block, so I tend to get the wrong way for half to facilitate block turn, although I think it is kind of dangerous in my Street, since traffic routed fairly quickly and it tends to be much double parked mini-van. I can hear a siren and a blow to look behind me and to my surprise, a cruiser is pulling on a lane for me. The conversation was something like this:

COP: You know it is illegal to ride on the sidewalk, right?

Me: Sidewalk?

COP: Yes, the sidewalk.

Me: (looks to double check) but, uh, but I'm not on the sidewalk.

COP: Did you just ride on the sidewalk in the street?

Me: I live in this batiment.I walked my bike at the gate entrance, on, he went up 10 feet where there is a plunge in the sidewalk and the street.There was nobody stepped on that 10 feet of Boardwalk.

COP: Oh, you live here?

Me: Yes, I could not adjust my bike between the double parked cars so I rode on the sidewalk for like, 10 ft.

COP: OH.Veillez well, you can obtain a summons for the smallest thing.

Me: (thinking, not illegal to climb on the wrong side of the street? Ok thanks.)

COP: Have a good.

Published on 10.21.10.

This entry transmitted via the service for full-text RSS - if this is your content and you read on someone to another site, please read our FAQ page fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Article five filters features: After Hiroshima - non-rapport Cancer Catastrophe of Fallujah.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment